Transform Your Students’ Video-Watching Experience with Annoto
From Adam Cohen
Guest Presenter: Gili Cohen, Customer Success Manager, Annoto
Annoto transforms passive video viewing into an active, collaborative experience that provides you with actionable insights regarding student learning and engagement. It enables students to contribute, share and learn together, experience videos as an interactive group experience, and keep a personal journal of notes. It allows instructors to guide the video-watching experience with questions, formative assessments, and focused discussions, as well as the ability to answer questions related to the video. Every interaction in Annoto is time-tagged to a specific part of the video so it is easy to align interactions with the appropriate part of the video. The Annoto dashboard allows instructors to manage video activities and settings and provides a wealth of information regarding student engagement. All this is done directly through the Canvas LMS.
The workshop will introduce you to the tool and its features. It will also give instructors insights on how to apply the tool to course videos to engage learners as well as how to use the dashboard to adjust settings and get important information on your students’ engagement with your course videos.
1. Learners will become familiar with the Annoto tool for student engagement.
2. Learners will be able to apply Annoto to course videos.
3. Learners will become familiar with Annoto’s time-stamped interactions, targeted discussions, formative assessment capabilities, and the personal notebook.
4. Learners will become familiar with the Annoto Dashboard, including how to get actionable information on student engagement and how to use the Annoto settings.
5. Learners will be introduced to potential applications and uses of Annoto in their courses.