Foundation of Teaching Online - Foundations of Canvas
From Adam Cohen
In this workshop, we will discuss the foundational knowledge and skills needed to teach effectively in Canvas. While this session is not training on how to build courses in Canvas, participants will gain an overall understanding of how the Canvas LMS is used at NSU, what Canvas components should be included in academic courses, and where to find help and support.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of using the Learning Management System effectively to implement sound teaching pedagogy.
- Identify and apply a course template.
- Identify and locate resources that will teach you how to perform essential tasks in Canvas, such as
- uploading course content,
- setting up online discussions,
- creating quizzes, assessments, and assignments, and
- grading student work and providing feedback.