Engaging your Students with Poll Everywhere 07252022
From Adam Cohen
Engaging students at a distance and in the classroom can present challenges. Poll Everywhere provides a way to interact with your students with activities designed to ask questions, drive participation in group activities, and encourage students to share thoughts and insights from their phones or computers.
The workshop will use a blended flipped type of experience where the participants will first go into the Canvas course to view the course material that explains the procurement of a Poll Everywhere account, how to download and install the Poll Everywhere app to PowerPoint, and short videos introducing the Poll Everywhere software. After completing the Canvas portion, the participant will be granted access to the zoom link for the live Zoom session.
The Canvas based portion of the workshop needs to be completed in advance and will provide the following learning opportunities:
- Discovering how to get a FREE Poll Everywhere account with NSU
- Exploring the installation of the Poll Everywhere App on your PowerPoint
- Demonstrations of basic Poll Everywhere Features with the website and with the PowerPoint App
The Live Zoom Workshop will help you accomplish the following objectives:
- Describe the purpose of Poll Everywhere
- Describe how to engage students with Poll Everywhere
- Demonstrate the use of the Interface of Poll Everywhere to create an activity
- Demonstrate deployment of an activity to engage students with Poll Everywhere on the website and in PowerPoint